Are you ready to enhance and support overall Health & Safety in the renewable energy sector with an international perspective? Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy bvba is looking for a Site (Q)HSE Coordinator to join our Offshore Service team located at our facility in Oostende. As member of the IDPBW, you will work on implementation of Safe Systems of Work, and you will communicate directly with site personnel regarding health, safety & environmental awareness and improvement on safety standards.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is a fast paced and growing international company, and we are rapidly becoming a significant player in the wind industry. This is your opportunity to develop a career within this exciting industry.
Responsibilities and tasks
As site HSE Coordinator, you will be involved in various health, safety and environmental tasks.
You will support the service team, on implementation of processes based on ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and VCA Standards. It is your responsibility to identify gaps with internal and client processes and to ensure corrective actions.
You will be responsible for ensuring (Q)HSE related support and consultancy to the Service Offshore Team in Ostend. This includes:
- Support the Service offshore Line Management in managing all HSE aspects
- Facilitate the safety culture at site (global/local initiatives)
- Actively promote and implement global HSE programs and initiatives and monitors their effectiveness
- Ensure that legal requirements are identified, compliance levels are evaluated and noncompliances get solved.
- Participate and follow up execution of Yearly Action Plan
- Facilitate risk assessments
- Actively participate in Tool Box Talks, safety meetings and incident investigation
- Perform point of work visits (on & offshore) to engage with service team, perform inspections / audits and provide coaching & development.
- Ensure that Emergency Drills are held
- Prepare and ensure QM & HSE documentation
- Ensure and control HSE related reporting. (internal, client & government)
Hands-on HSE experience and a strong communicator
The ideal candidate shall have hands-on experience with HSE. We expect you to have a first experience in an HSE role as a Prevention Advisor Level 2. You must be proactive and safety-minded and be able to support the country QM-HSE Manager with new ideas, tools and procedures to enhance our current standards. As a person you are independent, proactive and action-oriented. Our dynamic environment calls for a flexible “can-do” mindset, and your workstyle must be structured since you will be having several processes simultaneously.
You are to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders, it is therefore crucial that you communicate effectively in Dutch & English.
You are medical fit to go offshore on a regular base and have no fear of heights.
You will work in a matrix organisation and report directly to the country QM-HSE Manager.
Over time you will evolve to take up additional duties to become a QM-HSE Coordinator.
What we offer
We offer you an exciting job in an international company with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring sustainable environment. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong dedication to make renewable energy sustainable. You will get a unique opportunity to influence your own position in an informal and rapidly developing environment.
We offer a competitive salary package with a pension plan, healthcare insurance and meal vouchers.
Your primary work location will be Oostende, Belgium. For further information regarding the position, please contact country QM-HSE Manager; Diederik Vermoesen +32 478 63 83 76 Diederik.firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by sending your C.V. to Diederik.email@example.com