Barry Callebaut is the heart and engine of the cocoa and chocolate industry. We are looking for HSE Manager in Belgium (BE) for our Wieze plant. Our broad range of products and services span all aspects from cocoa sourcing to fine chocolate products, which are loved by people of all ages worldwide. We are passionate about our business and work hard every day to ensure that there is enough chocolate in the world. Nothing is more important to our success than the combined expertise of more than 11.500 Barry Callebaut employees around the world. Our international focus in the fascinating world of cocoa-growing and chocolate are the colorful backdrop for our many functions across a wide range of disciplines. In addition to sharing a passion for chocolate, Barry Callebaut employees live our other corporate values every day - customer focus, entrepreneurship, integrity and team spirit. We are committed to making sure that they have the right skills, know-how and deep understanding of our customers and their needs. Engaging and developing our employees is the key to our success. Because our business focus is so broad, the scope of career opportunities within Barry Callebaut can cover many functional areas.
Our ambition “Triple 0” (0 accidents, 0 quality incidents and 0 delays) leads Barry Callebaut to look for a HSE Manager for the Wieze plant.
Building a HSE culture inside the Wieze plant based on the EMEA and global strategy. Partnering with management team, local workers, unions and Plant Manager to reach a “0 accidents” culture throughout the plant;
- Implementing and rolling out this system to develop a Safety Culture in the site supporting HR and Plant Managers improving HSE KPIs;
- Proposing and communicating HSE policies, ensuring that the plant is are complying with European and local regulations in EHS, supporting local management;
- Leading and giving guidelines to local HSE team and plant management
- Develop and emphasize behaviours, by improving safety empowerment and commitment on the shop floor and within the organization, as part of Continuous Improvement (CI), sharing safety leadership for creating additional value to the Company Performance, considering safety is the key for quality assets;
- Promote engineering improvements in a “set from design” mindset for assets;
- Develop training (with HR support) to help create a safety shared mindset within management and operating roles, creating Change Management into the organization;
- Support investigation and recommend actions for major EHS accidents;
- Recommend action plans after audits;
- Ensure that EHS accidents return on experience and best professional practices are shared inside the organization between sites and also inside transversal supports as well within other regions;
- Manage internal and external relationships on behalf government requirements and internal policy compliance;
- Work together with the operational sites and related departments to coordinate business resiliency/continuity planning to reduce impact on operations when disasters or any mission critical-impact event occurs (risk assessment skills).
- You obtained a Master Degree combined with a Health & Safety Degree Level 1 and an Environmental Degree Level B.
- You have at least 8 years of experience in a similar role, and you have managerial experience.
- As a person you are analytic, critical, passionate about HSE and someone who is able to convince people at all levels in the company.
Our strength comes from the passion and expertise of our people. As we strive to create an environment in which our people can continue to learn and develop their skills on an ongoing basis, it is our goal to encourage entrepreneurship and creativity. Apply for one of our interesting positions today and start a great career in the world of cocoa and chocolate.