PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 47 countries and approximately 20,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a firm commitment to quality to help clients and partners bend the cost and time curve of drug development to deliver life-changing therapies that improve health.
This position of Health and Safety Specialist reports to the Director of Environmental, Health and Safety. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of health and safety programs at the Brussels, Belgium Laboratory and offices and for facilitating a collaborative approach to implementing such programs with site management.
Education and Experience
Degree in the health/safety/environmental sciences or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 3-5 years experience in environmental, health and safety is required
- Experience in a laboratory, clinic, pharma, and/or health care setting is required
- Knowledge of Belgian and EMEA regulations is required
Candidate Knowledge and Skills
- Certified Prevention Advisor lever 1 or 2 and Environmental Coordinator degree required
- Knowledge of EMEA EHS regulations, ICAO, and other applicable regulations
- Knowledge of laboratory and hazardous waste regulations to include hazardous chemical/biohazard storage and disposal regulations.
- Knowledge of air monitoring strategies to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of ergonomics and how to conduct ergonomic evaluations.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to provide effective training.
- Must speak Dutch and English fluently.
- Ability to speak and read French language is a plus
How to apply?
Please submit your CV in English.