PepsiCo is currently looking for an experienced HSE Manager to strengthen the Plant Management Team of Veurne. This person needs to have strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation & presentation skills with at least 4 years of relevant Health, Safety & Environment experience in a relevant industry. Besides all this, a good knowledge of the Belgian law and regulations related to safe working practices and environment, is necessary.
You are responsible for the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) agenda within the Veurne plant where you will be part of the Plant Management Team and report directly to the Plant Director. You manage a high performing HSE Team of 2 direct reports. You promote HSE awareness taking rules and regulations into account. You improve the HSE performance and continuously update and ensure adherence to all HSE policies. You play a key role developing and delivering a strategic HSE roadmap through people engagement, technology and the Lean QCDM processes to deliver effective and dynamic leadership of the HSE agenda.
Context and challenges
- You guarantee a safe working environment for all employees - You lead the HSE Annual Operating Plan and drive a cultural shift towards a zero harm mind-set. You also lead legal compliance and performance improvements in order to ensure a world class safety environment for the team, with a focus on long term, sustainable accident/incident reductions.
- You own the HSE budget.
- You implement, maintain and control GEHSMS (PepsiCo Global Environmental Health and Safety Management System process) certification. You lead and maintain GEHSMS, ensuring delivery against internal and external audits, whilst making sure that all management systems are fully maintained, risks and trends are identified and all appropriate action is taken to minimise, mitigate or eliminate. Facilitating GEHSMS section holders in developing their GEHSMS section according to sites GEHSMS AOP target.
- Maintaining the Behavioral Based Safety program, creating awareness programs, developing & facilitating HSE workshops and steering the Safety Action Teams (vat) agenda is a fundamental part of your role in creating the right safety culture.
- Incident investigation and analysing HiPo reports, propose preventive actions and follow these up.
- You improve HSE management systems of the plant. Analyse, translate and implement changing legal and PepsiCo requirements into systems and day to day behaviour. You participate proactively PBR calls, EHS meetings and other networks and contribute to improvements across plants.
- You are the owner of the HSE KPI and participate actively in QCDM meetings to improve HSE results.
- You are a key member of plant management team and spokesperson for GEHSMS (including yearly management review) – positively driving the broader site agenda by ensuring consistency of approach and best practice development.
- You provide timely reports concerning Training-, Instruction-, HSE- developments, progresses and results, in order to give insight and to support the Plant Management Team in conducting their short and long-term strategy decisions.
- Together with maintenance, you implement and maintain proper programs to guarantee a continuous improvement on environmental KPI’s.
- You Ensure that HSE objectives are met in close cooperation with the operational support team to fullfill all internal & external (legal) requirements (e.g. environmental permit/milieuvergunning) and drive HSE improvement plans.
- You identifiy and recommend training- and/or instruction programmes to fill in the training needs on HSE of the plant personnel, in order to realise desired and planned level of personnel and to meet plant objectives.
- You initiate, lead and actively participate in several technical, Health&Safety and Environmental plant project teams, to share information and to advice, in order to contribute to optimising uniform (internal) communication- and efficient and safe production methods and to HSE awareness in the plant, in conformity with the legal, CLA and other applicable standards. You make sure that HSE is represented in all other projects.
- You maintain contacts with all parties involved within (i.e. HSE Organisation WER) and outside the company (i.e. governmental authorities, external training companies, etc.) in order to realise above-mentioned responsibilities and to make sure that all communications from and to the plant are well covered.
- You demonstrate personal leadership on the people agenda through delivery of inspiring employee communication, building strong involvement mechanisms and coaching for direct reports
- You have a master level of education (prevention advisor level 1 – environmental coordinator level A).
- You have at least 4 years of relevant Health, Safety & Environment experience in a relevant industry.
- A good knowledge of the Belgian law and regulations related to safe working practices and environment, knowledge of HSE management systems (ISO14001 – OHSAS18001)
- Knowledge of a Behaviour Based Safety program is a plus.
- Understanding or expertise in working with Lean QCDM is a pre;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation & presentation skills, motivating others, collaborating and influencing
- Strong change management & leadership skills (setting the agenda; taking others with you; doing it the right way);
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbal and written, and capable of having conversation with French speaking co-workers (only verbal);