Chevron Corporation is a dynamic, global, fully integrated major oil company. Chevron is worldwide very successful with her Upstream (crude and gas) and Downstream (Refining, Marketing, Supply & Trading, Aviation, Chemicals/Additives and Lubricants) activities. Chevron Belgium bvba is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chevron Corporation and is responsible for the sales and marketing of Texaco Lubricants. For Chevron Belgium and the lubricants plant (GBP) at Pantserschipstraat 301, 9000 Ghent we are looking for an enthusiast HES Specialist GBP – Prevention Advisor.
- Prevention Advisor:
- work closely with in country / functional management, the HR department and the external prevention service on the definition and implementation of the welfare policy in the following areas: occupational safety and health, health promotion, fire prevention and the environment;
- take on an advisory role and you will inform management in the performance of duties related to safety and well-being. You also act as a point of contact regarding safety and well-being in the company;
- implement, promote and coordinate a corporate welfare policy with an emphasis on operational safety and health, psychosocial well-being and health promotion;
- have an active role in preparing, attending and following up the Committee for Prevention and Protection at work;
- HES Specialist GBP:
- act as the Operational Excellence health and safety (OE/HES) specialist at GBP;
- lead, coordinate and support OE/HES programs at facility level;
- follow up compliance towards legislation;
- act as the management representative during internal and external audits.
- Master degree in a technical direction and / or a Masters in Environmental and Prevention Management;
- Holding a level 1 certificate of prevention advisor;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Excellent motivator and team player;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch & English. Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and web-based applications.
- Have several years of experience as a member of a HES team in a petrochemical/industrial environment;
- Extensive experience in the application, participation and oversight of Safe Work Systems including but not limited to work permits, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), safety reviews, HAZOPS, HAZIDS, Behavioral Based Safety, Stop work Authority etc.
- Proven experience in incident/accident investigation techniques such as Tap Root, Root Cause Failure Analysis, etc.;
- Active experience as secretary & advisor of the Committee for Prevention and Protection at work
Send your detailed CV with a motivation letter per e-mail to JoinCVXNWMEDEUR@chevron.com at the attention of Mr. Hung Luong, HR Coordinator (+32(0)9 293 71 07).
For the most suitable candidates we offer an excellent salary & benefits package according to the Petroleum sector and an all round, challenging role in an international environment. Chevron offers an American culture, Results driven, Open & Direct communication.
Chevron is an equal opportunity employer.