Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect. Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Nokia Belgium, located in Antwerp is looking for a HSSE Operations Manager Benelux (Preventieadviseur niveau 1), fluent in Dutch and English.
Our HSSE Operations Manager :
- provides guidance, direction and support to the business on all HSSE matters.
- manages relationship with internal stakeholders (business leaders, emergency response teams, project teams etc) and external stakeholders (legal authorities, customers, suppliers).
- ensures implementation of and compliance with Nokia global HSSE standards and local legislative requirements
- leads health, safety and security strategy development, planning and execution
- ensures that customer related queries on health, safety and security issues are appropriately managed.
- communicates health, safety and security related policies, guidelines and metrics to appropriate management teams and local stakeholders.
- identifies, analyses and prioritizes actions to manage safety and security related risks.
- identification, development and implementation of training programmes to ensure compliance with Nokia and local requirements.
- supports Operational Review activity to verify and validate HSSE procedure and standards implementation.
- leads the program for the implementation of High Risk Project Implementation Assessment and Supplier Maturity Assessment (SMA) to ensure that Nokia projects and suppliers meet global criteria.
- owns and ensures that the global management systems for occupational health and environment are localized and implemented.
- supports internal/external management systems and legal audits and ensures timely completion of agreed corrective actions.
- ensures the investigation of HSSE incidents within Benelux, synchronizing the involvement and interaction of the business, global HSSE, Corporate Security.
- is responsible for overseeing and rationalizing HSSE expenditure and budget management within the geographical region stated.
- develops measures to have a permanent risk analysis, to reduce risks regarding working methods or processes and takes the necessary steps to remedy the causes of hazards, in case of an emergency.
- implements the actions and missions provided for by Belgian law and imposed on the Internal Service for Prevention and Protection (ISPP) at work.
- coordinates visits and assessments of the workplace, conducts an annual survey of these findings and coordinates the investigations on work-related incidents and accidents at work.
- is responsible for the organization of first aid and emergency response and for the elaboration of the procedures that must be followed in the event of serious and immediate danger.
- prepares the annual action plan of the employer and writes reports for the management, considering the legislative framework and the regulations defined in the Codex about Well-being at Work (‘Codex’).
- actively participates as secretary, in the Committee for Prevention and Protection at Work (CPPW, in Antwerp)
Role specific qualifications
- preventieadviseur niveau 1 & working knowledge of ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001/ISO 45000.
- a minimum of 5 years’ experience in HSSE operations.
- strong interpersonal skills and manages the timely delivery of projects.
Interested ? please send your CV to Caroline Nelissen, firstname.lastname@example.org