MAYEKAWA’s European division was started in Brussels, Belgium in 1971. Our business began with bare compressor sales and maintenance support. Later, we started compressor unit production, sales and maintenance support, meat processing robot sales and maintenance, special freezing facilities, and heat pump production and sales. MAYEKAWA applies our technology in various fields while continuously evolving and improving our technological expertise in refrigeration and contributing to the continuous improvement of people’s lifestyle.
MAYEKAWA European division offers our products to Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa, India and the Oceanic market. We have established offices in 14 countries.
The factory for MAYEKAWA Europe’s operations division, located near the Brussels International Airport in Belgium, produces CE-PED, GOST and other standard units as well as the design and development of custom-built gas compression systems and special systems for chemical plants.
MAYEKAWA European division is one of the leading companies for refrigeration and gas compressors in the European market.
For our site located in Zaventem we are looking for a PREVENTION ADVISOR LEVEL 2 to strengthen our Quality Health Safety & Environment and Production department. The Prevention Advisor we are looking for has a passion for safety and health and is firmly in his or her shoes in this responsible task. You report directly to the Management.
- You are responsible for drawing up the global prevention plan, the annual action plan, the prescribed monthly reports, the prescribed annual reports and the prescribed occupational accident cards
- You are responsible for internal emergency procedures and implement the measures to be taken in the event of serious and imminent danger
- You will draw up and keep up-to-date a general emergency and intervention plan
- You will keep the legally prescribed documentation in the context of the permanent risk analysis and draw up and adjust the global prevention plan and the annual action plan accordingly
- You will update yourself permanently on the current Prevention legislation and implement it systematically and on time;
- You will provide advice on prevention training for employees
- You will provide advice on the organization of the workplace, the workstation, the environmental factors, the work equipment and the individual equipment
- You will provide advice on hygiene at the workplace, in particular with regard to the kitchens, refectories, changing rooms, sanitary installations, ... intended for employees.
- You will provide advice on drawing up instructions regarding:
- The use of work equipment;
- The use of collective and personal protective equipment;
- The prevention of fire;
- The procedures to be applied in the event of serious and imminent danger;
- You will carry out frequent and systematic workplace surveys, either on your own initiative or at the request of the employer, or within the shortest possible time after an application from the employee
- You will conduct prevention investigations and investigations to improve the well-being of our employees
- You are responsible for the first aid team
- You follow job-relevant education and training
- You are a prevention adviser level 2 with a willingness to achieve level 1.
- You have obtained a master's or bachelor's degree in a technical field
- As a prevention advisor you have at least 5 years of experience in the chemistry, process industry or in an international production environment
- You have insight into ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- You are hands-on, stand firm in your shoes and you prefer to be on the floor to raise awareness among employees
- You see opportunities and you start working on them
- You learn quickly, are result-oriented and accurate, you have strong organizational and analytical skills
- You keep your calm and respect even in difficult situations, you are a real team player
- You are honest, customer-oriented and cost-conscious
- Change does not deter you, but just gives you energy, when you encounter resistance, you keep going
- You have a healthy dose of ambition
- You speak Dutch and English fluently. Knowledge of French can be a plus
- Extra advantages: knowledge of ATEX, notions of machine safety, affinity with fire safe
- You feel comfortable in a multicultural and fast changing environment
- You have very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- You are willing to go the extra mile to respond to the circumstances and the company needs. You have no 9 to 5 mentality.
- As a Prevention Advisor you get the opportunity to spend a lot of time on the floor, to think along and to make proposals
- Fixed contract
- Our conditions are:
- A competitive salary according to your skills and experience
- Company car
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Bonus at end of year if profit & targets are met
- Electronic luncheon vouchers of 8 euro
- Group insurance: pension plan and life insurance
- Hospitalization and dental insurance
- 5 extra holidays
- 1.5 extra end of year holiday
- Free entrance to fitness center
How to apply:
Are you interested in the above job opportunity, please send your English CV via mail to email@example.com
For further information or if you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at +32 (0)2 758 87 54.