Millions of people use elevators, escalators and automatic building doors every day – every week, KONE moves the equivalent of the entire population of the world. We are committed to making people's journeys safe, convenient and reliable.
Safety is an integral part of KONE's way of working. It is a cornerstone of our culture and our top priority. We work safely, care for others and actively encourage safe practices. We want all our employees, subcontractors, partners and end-users to return home safe, every day.
As our Safety Specialist (BeLux), you carry out our dedication to safety and drive the improvement of our safety performance. By collaborating with our operational management, you develop and maintain safety awareness. You will manage the competences, resources, processes, procedures, and guidelines affecting safety.
- Provide expertise and support to the organization on safety matters.
- Adapt, implement, and maintain our safety policies - in line with our global safety policy
- Monitor legal changes and developments in safety matters and initiate actions where needed
- Plan, document and follow-up the implementation of safety process and procedures
- Monitor the safety auditing process and workplace visits
- Monitor accidents, near misses, incidents and the needed corrective and preventive actions
What do we expect?
- You have a master’s degree + formal education in safety and prevention (level 1)
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience
- You are strong in building internal and external networks and can rely on your communication skills to do so
- You are fluent in French, Dutch and English
- Knowledge of the construction industry is a plus
In this position, you will be based in our office in Brussels and regularly visit our sites and regional branches.
We want all our employees, subcontractors, partners, and end-users to return home safe, every day.
Read more about our commitment to Safety and Quality.