In 2019, Swissport International AG provided best-in-class airport ground services for some 265 million airline passengers and handled roughly 4,6 million tons of air freight in 115 cargo warehouses worldwide. Several of its warehouses have been certified for pharmaceutical logistics by IATA’s CEIV Pharma and by the British MHRA. The world's leader in airport ground services and air cargo handling, with currently 45.600 employees achieved consolidated operating revenue of 3,13 billion euros in 2019. At the end of September 2020, Swissport was active at 298 airports in 47 countries on six continents.
Vision: to be the aviation industry’s most trusted single-source ground services and cargo handling provider. In working towards its vision, Swissport focuses on consolidating and strengthening its market position to ensure they are constantly driving industry innovation in key areas such as service, quality and reliability.
Swissport is a people-focused organization – ‘without our people we simply cannot meet our goals and achieve our vision’. As such, they focus on the principles of sustainability and compliance, living by the ‘Three P’s : People, Professionalism & Partnership. The ongoing professional development of the people within the Swissport family ensures that they:
- Show respect towards their people and their values; they do not compromise on safety and work with enthusiasm and enjoyment.
- Are pioneers; working constantly on achieving sustainable results, they creatively explore new options and improved solutions.
- Continually strive to exceed the expectations of their clients and their commitments; Swissport delivers excellent service, in any place at any time.
In Belgium, Swissport currently operates in:
- Brussels: Cargo
- Liège: Cargo
Responsible for driving Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment activities within the region and area of responsibility including all business units, sites and offices controlled & managed by Swissport and under the P&L responsibility of the CEO. In this capacity the QHSSE Manager liaise with other countries / regions and Swissport’s business units to ensure continuity of own local QHSSE programs. You drive and engage management in a Zero incident and waste culture.
- You are responsible for implementing Swissport's defined international QHSSE strategy and translating it within your country
- You contribute to the realisation of the overall organisational strategy by representing Swissport to various stakeholders (airlines, airports, local authorities…) and by facilitating internal cooperation
- You help build a positive organisational culture and act as a bridge between employees and management
- You provide guidance, coaching and develop skills of the regional QHSSE team, and you build individual and team competencies with ongoing positive and constructive feedback
- You translate the organisational strategy for your domain into a concrete plan of action with clear objectives & KPI's
- You monitor the execution and follow-up of this and adjust where necessary in order to achieve the set objectives
- You are responsible for compliance with occupational health and safety requirements, maximum protection of staff against work accidents, material damage and unfavourable environmental factors with a view to compliance with safety procedures, and advising and supporting the Swissport management and staff
- You assist the employer and employees in applying the legal and regulatory provisions regarding the well-being of employees in the performance of their work and all other prevention measures
- You fulfill the legal role of ‘Head of Internal Service’
- You are responsible for the definition, implementation and compliance monitoring of the Fire Safety Management System for all Swissport buildings/territories including the fire safety compliance of partners and subcontractors
- You are responsible for compliance monitoring of legally required periodic inspections, tests and maintenance of all Swissport buildings and services and the development of the necessary risk inventory
- Master’s degree
- Prevention advisor level 1 certificate required
- Trilingual: NL, FR, ENG
- High sense of passion for improving QHSSE culture and standards in an evolving, complex and dynamic environment mainly driven by business performance
- Capable to work with global functions, strong leadership experience ideally in a multi-cultural, international business environment
- Ability to drive change in QHSSE culture and to gain credibility, in order to persuade, gain support, obtain commitment, and mobilize management & team to action
- Excellent interpersonal skills, build relationships as required to achieve goals while meeting the needs of the business
- Attention to detail and experience with regulatory requirements
- High level of self-confidence, flexibility, integrity, and honesty
- Strong experience handling multiple complex projects with shifting and/or competing priorities
- Thorough knowledge of the General Regulations on Labour Protection and Codex (welfare law with implementing orders)
- Eager to learn: to remain permanently informed of new legislation and research concerning risks at work
- Proven track record in implementing Quality and Safety, Health, Environmental, Security management systems and standards e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001), ISO 1400, ISAGO (IATA’s Safety Audit for Ground Operations), IGOM (IATA Ground Operations Manual), IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit)
- Knowledge of region / country specific laws and industry regulations
- Experience in risk assessments, accident/incident investigation and root cause analysis
Interested? Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com